Tronox Industrial Maintenance Services
Tronox Management Pty Ltd
Aug 2016 - July 2018 (Cooljarloo only), Aug 2018 - Ongoing (All sites)
South West Region, WA, Australia
Mining & Resources
Tronox Limited (Tronox) mines and processes titanium ore, zircon and other materials and manufactures titanium dioxide pigment, specialty-grade titanium dioxide products and high-purity titanium chemicals. In WA, the following operational sites are involved in the process:
- Kwinana Pigment plant (40 kilometres south of Perth);
- Chandala processing plant (60 kilometres north of Perth);
- Cooljarloo mine (170 kilometres north of Perth).
SCOPE OF WORK
Altrad Services are contracted by Tronox to provide industrial maintenance activities including scaffolding, painting and blasting, insulation, mechanical works (including welding repairs) at the operational sites.
The provision of services includes:
- Routine services: core personnel to ensure ongoing maintenance of plant during normal operations;
- Shutdown services: additional personnel to support Tronox on major plant shutdowns;
- Emergency or breakdown Services: emergency resource(s) response within contractual timeframes.
NOTABLE BENEFITS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Prior to 2018, Tronox had engaged multiple contractors across the different sites to perform the Industrial maintenance services. At this stage, Altrad Services were only contracted at the Cooljarloo site. As a result of Altrad Services’ ability to deliver and manage the comprehensive suite of industrial maintenance services, a new contract was awarded covering all sites in August 2018;
- Provision of multi-disciplined personnel to maximise productivity on site and cost savings to Tronox;
- Collaborative approach to work planning with Tronox and other contractors on site, to provide improved project delivery outcomes and work environment solutions for all parties. The encapsulation has especially provided:
- a safe working environment for all trades during the winter months when work would otherwise be suspended;
- a dust free environment with 4 large extraction fans fitted with socks for dust collection;
- an atmosphere control with dehumidification unit giving the ability to operate in times when the outside atmosphere is inclement.
- Team focuses on safety, innovation, cost and schedule reduction.
- 87,439 Manhours to date (May 19)
- LTI free